Did you know that on average 140 people drown in Ireland each year? Most of these tragic deaths happen inland, in rivers and lakes, on farms and in and around homes and these accidents are preventable.
Please consider registering your mobile phones with the emergency services by texting Register to 112.Then follow this link: https://www.112.ie/Additional_Personal_Information/147 and fill out details like how to get to your house or use a Loc8code for GPS users. Details of family illness, pertinent medical information or next-of-kin information that would assist the Emergency Services in their response in the event of them receiving an Emergency 112 SMS from your mobile phone; details of a boat that you use so the Coast Guard can find it easily.
For information on how to use your mobile phone in an emergency click on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPZv_8dABfU&feature=share
National Lifesaving Team take 16 medals competing with 42 Nations at Rescue 2012 in Australia (pictured: Dylan Barrett reaches buoy and signals for Board Rescue by Oisin McGrath). Results
Click here to apply for membership of IWS.
Swim Teachers – insure your private commercial swimming courses for just €60 annually. Click here for details.
Waterways can be dangerous and its easy to forget this until tragedy strikes so always wear a lifejacket when you are on water – it’s your lifeline in an emergency.
View safety messages
14 Steps to safe SWIMMING, 14 Steps to safe BOATING
Blue Flag beaches & White Flag swimming pools in Ireland
Holidaying Abroad Safely
Its never too late to learn to swim. Help protect yourself and your family from drowning by taking up Irish Water Safety’s swimming and lifesaving classes nationwide
- Read about all rescue Awards HERE
- Winner of the Best overall group in Social & Behavioural Sciences at the BT Young Scientists & Technology Awards.
- IWS 2013 Calendar
- View our Media Gallery here
- Angling fan Terrie McEvoy helps Irish Water Safety to drive home the message that Lifejackets Save Lives.
- Download the IWS Smartphone App for details of Lifeguarded waterways nationwide and lots of water safety tips.
- Commercial Fishermen Lifejacket Campaign
- "Lifeguarding is a sport?!” Here’s how your company can partner with IWS Sports programmes...
- Tax Relief Form for Donation
- AQUA ATTACK: Click here for more info
- IWS Award to Paul O'Connell View our Gallery
Help save lives with a donation/legacy
Access Officer Contact Details:
Post: Irish Water Safety, The Long Walk, Galway
Call: 091-564400 / LoCall 1890420202